Monday, December 2, 2013

M&M Mondays featuring Alejate

My M&M Monday (or maybe it is M&M&M&M&M; My Magnificent Music and Moment Monday?)
There is such splendor in our world. So many magnificent moments where people rise to incredible heights, where new ideas open the world, where art inspires, etc. Honoring this on Monday, at the beginning of the week, just seems right.
This is my way of putting on my armor and fighting off the darkness and drudgery in all our lives. I’m so grateful for the hope and inspiration around us that build us up, supports us and encourages dreams. For today’s M&M, I choose music.
I switched computers and didn’t think about moving my writing playlist. Instead of digging through the other computer and finding then copying, I decided it was time to go through my music and create new play lists. I decided if I couldn’t remember the song I must not have loved it enough. So I pulled out my CD’s (I know, dates me. Would you run away screaming if you knew I still have cassettes I haven’t discarded?) and started listening and choosing.
I love all sorts of styles, but the sincerely moving songs that make me want to close my eyes and become part of the beauty they are, those are what I want to honor first.
This week I’ve chosen Alejate by Josh Groban. It has been haunting me. When the tune invades my mind, I find myself swaying, absorbed in its sad yet elevating melody.
or if you’d like to hear is concert version…
This was performed by Celine Dion as Just Walk Away in English before Josh Groban and crew translated it into Spanish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdsuspAx_8 This version is also lovely.
The translation is a heart-rending farewell, yet there is also hope. The first person ‘never loved this way before…’ and ‘…laughed and cried, (I have) lived and died.’ Their experience was rich and hopefully made their lives better even though ‘life won’t be the same.’ There is also power. Although the first person admits, ‘what I wouldn’t do just to be with you’, when it is apparent it is necessary, the person ‘find(s) the strength to let you go.’ (Full lyrics at bottom of text.)
I hope you enjoy the artistry of this melody. I would love if you would share some of your favorites! I hope to be posting more about gorgeous music on subsequent M&M blogs. Thanks for reading!
I know I never loved this way before
And no one else has loved me more
With you I’ve laughed and cried
I have lived and died
What I wouldn’t do just to be with you

I know I must forget you and go on
I can’t hold back my tears too long
Though life won’t be the same
I’ve got to take the blame
And find the strength I need to let you go

Just walk away
Just say goodbye
Don’t turn around now you may see me cry
I mustn’t fall apart
Or show my broken heart
Or the love I feel for you

So walk away
And close the door
And let my life be as it was before
And I’ll never never know
Just how I let you go
But there’s nothing left to say
Just walk away

There’ll never be a moment I’ll regret
I’ve loved you since the day we met
For all the love you gave
And all the love we made
I know I’ve got to find the strength to say

Just walk away
Just say goodbye
Don’t turn around now you may see me cry
I mustn’t fall apart
Or show my broken heart
Or the love I feel for you

So walk away
And close the door
And let my life be as it was before
And I’ll never never know
Just how I let you go
But there’s nothing left to say
Just walk away

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you so much for taking the time!!